Legend of the Pokemon
Items and Machines
Top Pokemon Secrets
Here's how to get into battle:
1. Insert the Game Link into both Gameboys and turn them on at the same time.
2. Go to any Pokémon Center and face the lady behind the counter near the PC.
3. Both players must speak to the lady at the same time.
4. You must save the game before entering into the center.
5. Select "Coliseum".
6. Once inside, go to the center table, opposite your opponent and face your opponent.
7. Press A to start fighting!
Another reason to link up is to trade, and if you want to collect all 150 Pokémon, you'll need to do some serious dealing. Most Pokémon will evolve faster when traded (though they tend to be weaker), and some Pokémon will evolve only if you trade it to another Game Pak. If you want to trade Pokémon, you will perform the same steps as fighting, except choose "Trading Room" in step 5.
There are also two versions of the game,
a Red Version and a Blue Version. While both games are identical, one Pokémon
that is very common in one version may be rare in the other. The versions
will even have monsters exclusive to that version, meaning a monster you
find in the Red Version may not be found in the Blue. If your friend has
the other version, you can work together to collect all the Pokémon!
Some hard-core gamers may even consider buying both versions!